1. Patented product, no known equal.
B. Manufacturer: SuperLite® I-XL and I-XL IGU as manufactured and distributed by SAFTI FIRST®.
1. Contact: 100 N Hill Drive, Suite 12, Brisbane, CA 94005; Telephone 888.653.3333; email email@example.com; Web site www.safti.com.
2. Fire rated glass and framing must be provided by a single-source, US manufacturer. Distributors of fire rated glass and framing are not to be considered as manufacturers.
B.1. Design Requirements: SuperLite® I-XL
1. Thickness: Must be 1/4” (6 mm) thick.
2. Weight: Must weigh 3.0 lbs./sq. ft.
3. Solar Heat Gain Coefficient: Must provide 0.70 SHGC.
4. Sound Transmission Rating: Must provide STC 28 rating.
5. Appearance: Must be specialty tempered float glass.
6. Visible Light Transmission: Must meet 0.82
7. Fire Rating: Must be fire rated from 20-45 minutes without hose stream and provide measurable radiant heat protection. This is a directional product that reflects radiant heat transfer from one side only.
8. Impact Safety Resistance: Must meet CPSC 16 CFR 1201 Cat. I & II.
B.2. Proprietary Products System: SuperLite® I –XL IGU
1. Thickness: Must be 3/4” (19 mm) thick.
2. Weight: Must weigh 6 lbs./sq. ft.
3. Appearance: Must be insulated specialty tempered float glass.
4. Fire Rating: Must be fire rated from 20-45 minutes without hose stream and provide measurable radiant heat protection.
5. Impact Safety Resistance: Must meet CPSC 16 CFR 1201 Cat. I & II
C. Manufacturer’s Fire Rated Glazing Material:
1. Each piece of fire-rated glazing material shall be labeled with a permanent logo including name of product, manufacturer, testing laboratory, fire rating period and safety glazing standards.
2. Glazing material installed in Hazardous Locations, subject to human impact, shall be certified and permanently labeled as meeting applicable requirements referenced in NFPA 80:
a. CPSC 16 CFR 1201, Cat. I & II
D. Substitutions: No substitutions allowed.
A. Glazing Accessories: Manufacturer recommended fire rated glazing accessory as follows: